Лондонский аэропорт Хитроу – наиболее загруженный в мире международный аэропорт. Его терминалы обслуживают свыше 180 направлений в более чем 90 стран. Прибываете ли Вы, отправляетесь или делаете пересадку – наши советы призваны сделать Ваше путешествие легким и приятным!
You should know about Heathrow airport:
Transfers between terminals:
If you look at a map you will see the airport is divided into three distinct sections. The central area where terminals 1, 2 and 3 are located, the southern section where you will find terminal 4 and the western section which is the location for terminal 5. Fast, convenient transfers are available between Heathrow Airport's four terminals. Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are a short walk from each other. Terminals 4 and 5 are served by free trains and buses. They are each located together and you can simply walk from one to another at ground level or using the walkways that connect them, just follow the signs. For transfers between the central area and terminals 4 and 5 you use the Heathrow express/Connect underground system. Travel on the these trains is free between terminals.
How to travel from Heathrow airport to central London:
1. Non-stop trains run every 15 minutes. The journey between London Paddington and Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 takes 15 minutes (a few minutes more for Terminals 4 or 5). You can even use your mobile phone when the train is in a tunnel. Trains run between 05:10 and 23:25 from Paddington, and between 05:03 and 23:58 from Heathrow. Tickets are available online, at the station or on the train.
2. London Underground's Piccadilly Line provides the most cost-effective rail route between Heathrow Airport and the capital. Journey time by Tube is under an hour and you shouldn't have to wait longer than ten minutes for a train, even off-peak. Heathrow has three London Underground stations – one for Terminals 1, 2 and 3, one each at Terminal 4 and Terminal 5. Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3 station is in the central area between the terminals, which are a few minutes' walk away via underground walkways. Heathrow Terminal 4 and Heathrow Terminal 5 underground stations are in the basements of the terminal buildings. All stations are in Travelcard Zone 6. Underground tickets are available at all stations.
3. Heathrow Connect's stopping service to London Paddington links the airport with local stations in west London. Trains from Paddington now terminate at Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3. Passengers travelling to Terminal 4 or Terminal 5 should change on to the Heathrow Express service at Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 – travel between terminals is free. For travel outside Heathrow, please ensure you buy your ticket at the station before boarding the train. A penalty fare zone operates between Hayes & Harlington and London Paddington.
4. Coaches run throughout the day, offering journey times of 40 – 80 minutes from Heathrow to Victoria coach station and many other destinations. Direct luxury Railair coaches and buses connect Heathrow to the national rail network. You can buy a combined coach and train ticket to cover your whole journey. Railair coaches run between Heathrow and Reading, Woking or Watford Junction from early morning until late at night. There's also a 24-hour bus service, number 285, to Feltham rail station. You don't have to be a rail passenger to use these services.
5. Travelling by taxi from Heathrow offers the flexible way of getting into London or beyond. At Heathrow Airport we endorse three distinct fully licensed services. Whether it's a classic black cab, private hire car or the charm of a personal chauffeur service, there is something that suits all your needs. Iconic London black taxis stop at the taxi ranks outside all Heathrow terminals. All drivers are fully licensed and have passed the world famous 'Knowledge of London' examination. All taxis operating at Heathrow have wheelchair access.
Other useful information:
There's free Wi-Fi available throughout the terminal to help you stay in touch or plan your travels. Flights stop at 23:30 and do not resume until 04:30. The reason for this is to service security equipment, resolve engineering problems, restock outlets, and clean the airport. It also has to do with noise relief for nearby residents.
Хитроу – одинизкрупнейших и загруженных аэропортовмира. И на первый взгляд может показаться, что затеряться на его огромных просторах не составит особого труда. Но, проявляя осведомленность, Вы легко достигнете точки назначения и получите приятные и незабываемые впечатления от Вашего путешествия!
При подготовке материала были использованы следующие источники: